Eye Makeup Tips for Wearing a Mask
Eyes get all the attention with a mask on. If you want this attention to be beautiful or you would like to accentuate your eyes, here are a few simple makeup tricks for gorgeous bright eyes.
Wearing a mask creates a few challenges for eye makeup. The warmth and humidity of your breath can cause smudgy unflattering eye makeup. If you wear glasses you know the fog this creates!
If you are on the mature side or if you have dry or thin skin, a snug mask can pull, creating more wrinkles than you actually have! Fun! Because masks accentuate eyes, it draws attention to any wrinkles or to makeup that has settled into them.
Your first line of defence is to have a solid makeup base to prevent smudging and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
Create a Base:
1. Apply eye cream around the eye area to hydrate and reduce the look of dry lines.
2. Apply an eyeshadow base on bare lids to prevent your makeup from creasing and smudging.
3. Apply an under eye brightening/concealer base to help concealer stay put, to look fresh and bright and to avoid concealer from creasing and settling into lines.
4. Apply a brightening liquid concealer (not paste) that is slightly lighter than your skin tone under eyes, into inner eye socket (that little dark spot) and at outer corners for a lift. Once concealer is applied, use a warm finger and lightly press over concealer to "melt" it into your skin. This will help smooth and prevent caky looking concealer.
Beautiful Eye Makeup:
1. Fill and shape your brows. This is important as it creates lift to your eye area. For the perfect brow shape, see Chapter Fifteen in Authentic Beauty Secrets.
2. Apply eyeshadow in shades that enhance and pop your eye colour. For the best shadow colours for your eyes and eye enhancing tips specific to your eye shape, see Chapter Eight in Authentic Beauty Secrets.
3. Apply liquid eye liner to your top lash line. Liquid liner usually doesn't smudge like a kohl or pencil liner sometimes will.
4. For a softer line under lower lashes and to create a bigger eye, apply a small amount of eyeshadow base close to lower lash line and then line with a smudge-proof or waterproof liner. Another trick for a soft line: dip a wet liner brush into eyeshadow and line - this usually stays on better than a pencil liner.
5. To brighten your lower lash line, use a very small brush and apply a light pearly eyeshadow from the inner corner of eyes to one-third of lower lash line. For extra brightening, apply this pearly shadow into the inner corner of eye socket.
6. Finish with a smudge-proof or waterproof mascara for pretty lashes that stay on your lashes!
Natural is pretty with lots of big lashes, or have fun with colours to pop your beautiful eyes. Tons of gorgeous tips are available in Authentic Beauty Secrets for a touch-less makeover you control from the safety of home.
- Authentic Beauty Stylist